“Ideal homes for our service users who have limited mobility and their first holiday in a long while.”
We have five holiday bungalows which are ideal for those requiring first class disabled access.
- Two of the bungalows have two bedrooms, one bungalow has three bedrooms and two bungalows have four bedrooms.
- Each bedroom has two single beds, all are “framed beds,” which allow a mobile hoist to be used if required.
- Each bed has its own independent overhead bed light which is dimmer switch controlled.
- Bed and table raisers are available upon request and all light switches are accessible to all.
- They have very large open plan bathroom/wet rooms which are simply luxurious and each one has a fully sealed floor.
- With 25 acres of level and landscaped grounds, almost every area is accessible to those in wheelchairs.
- All the ground floors in the holiday homes have high specification laminated wood floors with under-floor heating.
- Wherever possible, all lighting has dimmer switches.
- All our bungalows have wide doorways with exceptional open plan living spaces.
- Every bathroom has a bath, toilet, hand basin and an open plan three position shower system with all the appropriate hand-rails and seating.
- All bathroom walls are fully panelled, without the use of grout.
- In the swimming pool, we offer fully accessible changing rooms and two shower rooms.
- We can also provide:
- a re-chargeable mobile hoist,
- a large mobile changing table,
- a fixed hoist available for the swimming pool,
- a selection of wheelchairs and walkers,
- shower chairs and a toilet frame.
The only thing we cannot offer is a fully flexible hospital bed or bed sides (but you are welcome to bring your own).
We do not charge for the use of any of our equipment, which is provided on a first come, first served basis.